- Drain engine oil and refill, Special or synthetic oils are subject to additional charge
- Replace oil filter
- Check for excessive oil leaks
- check for timing belt (cambelt) replacement interval and report if replacement due according to mileage or age
- Check radiator condition
- Check coolant cap seals
- Check coolant hoses for leaks and condibon and security
- Check electric cooling fan for operation where applicable
- Check condition and tension of fan or altemator belt Adjust or report on condition
- Check condition and adjust auxiliary dnve belts if required (excluding cambelt)
- Replace air filter
- Report if spark plugs are due to be changed according to mileage, an additional charge applies for the supply of plugs and fitment
- Check and record antifreeze strength and minimum temperature and top up coolant as required
- Drain out cooling system and replace coolant to correct specification
- Replace spark plugs for petrol engines only. An additional charge applies for platinum or long life plugs
- Check condition and security of undertray
- Check fuelcap seal condition
- Check visual condition of fuel lines.
- Replace fuel filter(if fitted and external from fuel link)
- Check for correct clutch operation
- Check for correct gearbox operation
- Check and top up clutch fluid where applicable
- Check drive shaft gaitors for security and repoort leaks.
- Grease prop/shaft if applicable.
- Check and top up axle and/or transaxle oil if applicable.
- Top up gearbox fluid where applicable and not sealed.
- Check operation of exterior lights.
- Check horn.
- Check diesel heater plug indicator operation where fitted.
- Check battery security and lubricate terminals.
- Check battery condition and print results.
- Top up battery/non-sealed units only.
- Check dashboard warning lights.
- Visual inspection of HT (high tension)leads.
- Test effectiveness of starter motor.
- Test alternator charging rate - check security.
Steering & Suspension
- Check and top up power steering resevoir where applicable.
- Check steering and suspension components for wear and corrosion.
- Check steering rack gaitors condition.
- Check wheel bearings for excessive play or roughness.
- Carry out shock absorber bounce test.
- Grease steering and suspension where applicable.
- Inspect exhaust system (including catalyst if fitted) for leaks, security and noise.
- Visual check for exhaust smoke.
- Check for excessive oil leaks
- Check brake pads for wear or damage.
- Check brake caliipers for leaks and security.
- Check service brake shoes for wear or damage - clean and adjust if required (excludes internal handbrake shoes.)
- Inspect operation of wheel cylinders and report any links.
- Visual check brake hydraulic system, pipes and hoses for any leaks, chafing and corrosion.
- Check security of handbrake linkages and travel. Lubricate and adjust if required.
- Check brake discs and drums for wear, cracks, corrosion and scoring or pitting (excluding internal drums).
- Check brake fluid level and top up if required.
- Check brake servo operation.
- Carry out brake fluid boil test and record readings.
- Replace brake fluid and bleed system.
Tyres and Wheels
- Remove road wheels.
- Check tyre size and whether tyre is fitted to side wall instructions.
- Check tyre condition and thread depth (including spare).
- Check and adjust tyre pressures (including spare).
- Set wheel nut torque to manufacturer's settings.
- Check wheels for correct balance (including spare).
- Check windscreen wiper condition and operation.
- Check rear wiper condition and operation (if fitted).
- Check windscreen washer operations, align jets and top up if required.
- Check windscreen for chips and cracks.
- Check mirror condition (interior and exterior).
- Check number plate condition.
- Advise if cabin filter is required according to age/mileage reccomendations and lasr change.
- Check seatbelts - front and rear including lap belt.
- Check operation of all external door locks.
- Lubricate accessible door hinges (with white grease).
- Reset vehicle service light where applicable (subject to data and tooling availability).
- Conduct road test.
- Lubricate bonnet catch.
- Stamp Service book(indiacting a Halfords Autocentres Menu Service has been carried out).